Deviqon labs is looking for a Python developer to be the first developer in a newly created development team in Cluj-Napoca. We are expanding an existing team of R&D software engineers in order to meet the demand for new features on our client's products. As a member of the team you will work closely with our client, an innovative gaming company, and you will be responsible for the research and development of new features and products and/or maintaining existing ones for the challenging and continuously expanding sports betting market. The company is a well established sports data and gaming business which operates along his client from the USA and is looking to develop strong in-house products for them.
In this project you will have the opportunity to work with the client’s architect and develop an API based solution that will calculate sport predictions. As an R&D engineer you will be involved in every step of the development process. From researching based on customer requirements, creating specification and design documents, implementation following internal coding standards and processes to testing and documentation you will have the opportunity to go through the whole process and with the help of the team we will ensure the end products meet the required quality standards.
- Research client needs and requests and create detailed requirements
- Software design and architecture while taking into consideration any constraints regarding software availability, latency, scalability and efficiency.
- Participate in all phases of development (specification, design, development and maintenance, documentation, testing)
- Optimizing software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades.
- Working in accordance with company policies, procedures and practices
- Assist support engineers and project managers regarding product deployment and debugging
- Understand and get involved in CI enhancement and fixes
Mandatory skills and qualifications
- Technical or computer science degree or a similar qualification
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles and practices
- Considerable experience in Python development (4 years+)
- Strong object orientated development skills in Python
- Experience developing on Cloud systems (AWS, SNS, SQS, Lambda)
- Previous experience with relational databases and database design (SQL and Postgres)
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills (in English).
- Experience with low-latency APIs
- Experience with Swagger (OpenAPI)
- Debugging and performance testing under linux
- Working experience in linux environment
- Docker and Git knowledge
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Comprehensive training (Linux & other attractive technologies)
- Opportunity to work in the exciting and challenging industry of sport
- International working experience